Royall Tri Cone Square Neck Brass Body Resonator Guitar TAMPA SQUARE, 12 frets, TMP12SQ/NI
Royall Tampa Squareneck - Square neck brass body resonator TAMPA SQUARE 12 frets, nickel finish, with softcase.
Royall Tampa Squareneck: this tricone model with its art deco design has three handspun 6” resonator cones that deliver a rich sound with lots of sustain. The nickel plated bell brass body will impress in looks and sound.
This version of the Royall Tampa is a squareneck, and it is meant to be played as a lap steel guitar, using a slide. To further accommodate ease of use for the lap steel player, the fretboard continues further upwards, to help the player intonate the highest notes. Furthermore, the tuning pegs aim the other way, and the guitar comes strung with flatwounds for those smooth slide tones.
The Tampa is available as a roundneck as well, for players who prefer the conventional playing position.
The tricone was the first resonator design, invented in the late 1920s. The sound is much less direct and less voluminous than that of its single cone counterparts, but the loss in volume will be more than compensated by complexity of tone.
Playability is, as always, spot on. The luthiers that set up these instruments actually play resonator guitar. In the Royall workshop, the resonators are handspun to suit these instruments. Since this is the heart of the sound, the Royall handspun resonator cones make a huge difference. The best quality available! A lightweight soft case is included.
• resonator type: tricone T-bridge
• cone specifications: three hand spun 6” aluminium cones
• body material: bell brass
• body finishing: nickel gloss
• bridge material: aluminum
• saddle material: maple
• neck joins body at: 12th fret
• neck material: mahogany
• fingerboard material: blackwood technical wood
• neck finish: satin
• nut material: bone or brass
• scale length: 648MM
• nut width: 46 mm ( 1 13/16”)
• fingerboard binding: ivoroid
• body length: 508MM
• lower bout width: 362MM
• upper bout width: 260MM
• body thickness: 76MM
• top position dots: 5MM white dots
• side position dots: 2MM black dots
• frets: 18% nickel silver
• machine head: Wilkinson vintage style
• strings: 013-056
• pickguard: no
• strap button: chrome
• case: lightweight foam case
|Click & Collect||No|